Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Help saving a Life..

It was 1am in the night and I was working on my thesis with a movie going on the side. Then came in this small episode about the children dying of hunger in Kenya. I cannot describe the suffering they are going through... u have to see it urself but believe me.. a tear will definitely fall !!

These are the families affected by the wars going on in Africa for years and they are just happy to be alive but this happiness is not long-lasting as every day hundreds of kids are dying of hunger... there is just not enough food with families to survive and there is not much they can do about it.

Taiwan took a step forward and has donated about 11 million pounds of rice for these kids in Kenya but it has to be shipped to Kenya and I think everybody who can, should put a step forward for that. They say by donating just $20, u will help feed about 1000 kids in Kenya...

Here is the link to the website:

http://feed.tv/rice

Just imagine if you can save a life just by donating $20 once !! I bet it will be one of the better feelings u will ever have..

I did some research and felt that these people are genuine so I did what I could. Now its your turn.

2 comments:

Manzil Kohli said...

That's a wonderful gesture. Nice to see that humanity and it's values still prevail in this world. I appreciate the effort.

Good Work, Keep it up

Manzil

coolpara said...

Nice initiative Daman....Keep up the gud work...:)

Para